Robinson attorneys routinely represent and defend financial services institutions, loan servicers, and other lending platforms in a variety of mortgage-related matters such as processing foreclosures and loan modifications, and defending mortgage-related claims relating to FCRA violations, individual and class TCPA litigation, TILA violations, RESPA claims, claims based on fraud and fraudulent schemes, FCBA violations, the unlawful sharing of information, claims relating to deceptive or unfair practices, claims involving fees, charges, and payment processing, FDCPA issues, user agreements and related disputes, and numerous other issues.
The types of financial services litigation matters handled by Robinson attorneys include, but are not limited to:
- Defended mortgage loan servicers and lending institutions against allegations of violating TILA, FDCPA, FCBA, and FCRA.
- Defended financial institutions in actions involving issues of preemption under the Home Owners Loan Act (“HOLA”) and the National Banking Act (“NBA”).
- Defended financial institutions in actions by borrowers asserting mortgage-related claims, including allegations of wrongful foreclosure, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (“RESPA”) violations, slander to title, and state mortgage statute violations.
- Resolve title and escrow related disputes on behalf of financial institutions
- Represented financial institutions in actions involving forged checks and other negotiable instruments and the improper processing of negotiable instruments pursuant to Article 3 of the Uniform Commercial Code and recognized industry practices.
- Represented financial institutions in litigation involving identity theft, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, deceptive trade practices, intentional infliction of emotional distress, defamation, successor liability, negligence, fraud claims and lender liability claims.
- Perform residential and commercial foreclosures with state-of-the-art technology and monthly reporting to ensure timely and responsive communication with clients